Areas of Application
While the optical-mechanical function is the same for all different variations of the Spiegel-Relaskop, they differ in four scales, depending on the focus of use. A detailed comparison of the individual scales can be found here
• MS – Metric Standard, is especially suitable for forestry conditions of temperate climates with tree diameters up to 0.8 meters and for measuring heights from the standard distances of 15, 20, 25 or 30 meters.
• Wide Scale, also called "virgin forest scale", is a special scale developed for the measurement of large tree diameters at different heights and for angle-count sampling with large basal-area factors.
• CP – Metric CP, combines the functions of Metric Standard and Wide Scale. It can be used as a universal instrument for all measurements of any suitable distance with different counting factors and for precision measurements. It also has a CP correction scale to find the horizontal distance.
• American Scale, has functions analogous to the Metric Standard Scale, but the units are in American measures (feet and inches).
• Tripod and Ball Joint Adapter
In order to guarantee a high degree of precision in the measurements with the Spiegel-Relaskop, it is recommended to use the tripod with the associated ball joint adapters "Micro" and "Mini"
• Range-Finder Target: Serves as an aid for the Spiegel-Relaskop with a lenght of 2 meters. It is mainly used for height measurements.
• Jacobstaff: Serves as a 1.37 meters long monopod in conjunction with the "Ball Joint Adapter". It enables fast and flexible measuring.
Service & More
We are always available for scientific and technical questions. We also carry out repairs of the Spiegel-Relaskop.
We work together with the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences: www.boku.ac.at
More information about the Spiegel-Relaskop and detailed manuals can be found here:
Zu den Downloads